After reading the news Canada, you understand that Vancouver is famous for the number of parks, green areas, alleys, gardens and trees. According to the British edition “The Economist” Vancouver won the title of “Best City on Earth”.
Museums and unique buildings
1. The Vancouver Art Gallery is considered the largest in Western Canada. The collection includes 10 thousand exhibits. The gallery has existed since 1931. In 1983, she was moved to a larger building, in which she remains to this day. The main exhibition is 3850 square meters. Temporary exhibitions of European authors are held in separate rooms.
2. The Museum of Anthropology was founded in 1976. The museum building is a glass house with concrete inserts. The collection includes 36 thousand ethnographic and 53.5 thousand archaeological exhibits. The collection keeps the history of the peoples of India, Colombia, North America, Asia, Oceania and Africa. There are permanent and temporary exhibitions in the exhibition halls.
3. The Scientific World Center attracts tourists with its unusual form. The building in the form of a colored ball with a diameter of 47 meters is located on the embankment. The glass building is divided into thematic zones: Eureka, Pavilion of Illusions, Our World, Body works. The exhibits in the center are interactive, guests check physical laws, observe natural phenomena. On the ground floor there is a show area for children and parents. On the street there is a park with benches and playgrounds for recreation.
1. Vancouver Aquarium – an aquarium in Stanley Park. Canada’s oldest aquarium holds 50,000 inhabitants. Passing through the underwater kingdom, tourists get acquainted with the life of dolphins, sharks, seals, sea otters and other inhabitants of the ocean. A special feature of the exhibition is a collection of tropical butterflies and birds. Young visitors are attracted by open aquariums, in which it is allowed to give up and touch the marine life. Areas for children with themed toys have been equipped.
2.Graus Mountain offers a gorgeous view of the city. Many tourists visit the place as a ski resort. There is a cable car near the mountain, along which visitors rise to the clouds. The territory has a well-developed infrastructure: guest houses, cafes with panoramic windows on the slopes, rental of snowboards and sportswear. It is recommended to visit the mountain in sunny weather.
3. Queen Elizabeth Park is located at the highest point in the city. The development of the park began after the Second World War. Two water tanks were converted into a reservoir. A tree planted by Elizabeth II is growing in the garden. For a comfortable stay of visitors, cafes, shops, shops were built. The place is popular among newlyweds who hold wedding photo sessions in the park. There is a Winter Garden on the territory. The room in the form of a glass hemisphere, which is illuminated at night, is located not far from the Seasons restaurant.
Vancouver is the jewel in the west coast of Canada. Developed infrastructure, modern architecture and lots of greenery impress the guests of the metropolis.